Howard P. Rawlings Conservatory & Botanic Gardens of Baltimore3100 Swann Dr, Baltimore, MD 21217 www.rawlingsconservatory.org
- Free Parking
- Photography Permitted
The Howard P. Rawlings Conservatory, originally called Druid Hill Conservatory, opened in 1888 and is the second oldest steel frame and glass building still used in the United States. The conservatory originally consisted of the historic Palm House and Orchid Room. In the 1920’s production greenhouses were added to support the collection. In 2004, after a major renovation and expansion, the production greenhouses were transformed into three distinct biomes featuring plant material from tropical, desert and Mediterranean climates. The Rawlings Conservatory is on the National Register of Historic Places, the Maryland Inventory of Historic Properties, and is a Baltimore City Landmark. Come on a tour of the conservatory and enjoy one of the finest orchid collections on the East Coast!